Sunday 5 April 2015

Florida Day 4: Seaworld and Tornado Warning!

Hello! Today, Andrew booked for him and Christie to go swimming with dolphins in the park next to Seaworld, so my parents and I went to Seaworld for the day so they could meet us there later in the day. 


The first ride we went on was mantra... oh my gosh, I have never experienced a 'zero gravity' effect like it. It was so fast and crazy with hair blowing in my face that I came out not entirely sure if I liked it or not! 

We didn't want to do all the rides right at the beginning, so we went over to the dolphin nursery. It was absolutely adorable, they seemed to head straight to anybody who had a camera as if they knew what it was and some others would swim around the edge flapping their tails to splash everybody.



There were a lot of other areas with animals in, like the aquarium and the seals. I got a few good videos and we fed the seals whilst we were there. Or, at least we tried to before birds kept swooping in and grabbing the fish before the seal could!


 The park on a whole seemed quite worn out - in many places like an abandoned theme park. It seemed greatly due to the weather though as it was very windy and cloudy despite being warm so there were probably less people than normal, and there were a lot of overcasting trees so it gave a feel more like somewhere in England!

We also popped into the dolphin show after riding on the kraken (a really good rollercoaster).


Then, just as we stepping outside the stadium, boom, rain. If you have ever been to Florida then I am sure you know that when it rains, it really goes for it. I had a look online and there was actually a tornado warning too. Yikes!

We legged it to the closest cafe and warmed up with a hot drink - does anybody else have steamed milk with a syrup? We quickly caught up with my brother, watched Shamu, and went to the car.

Now the date was pancake Tuesday so of course, we drove to IHop. I had some delicious white chocolate and raspberry pancakes - white chocolate is just my favourite thing, mmm! I must say I'm more a waffle than pancake girl though!

Thankyou so much for reading, if you have been to Seaworld, did it appear less run down than for me? and what's your favourite pancake topping? I am thinking more about my schedule as well at the moment, I should be sorting that once all my Florida posts are up!

If you did miss it, click here for the third day of Florida - Islands of Adventure and getting soaked, and don't miss tomorrow's post here with a double park whammy and I will survive!

R.C. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment