Wednesday 25 March 2015

Florida Day 1: Travel and Scary Films!


Saturday morning – way too early – it’s time to leave for america! I pop on my hoodie and ‘forever 21’ joggers which are a thin material with an elasticated waist and extremely comfy to travel in! I used a roll along bag from new look for my hand luggage that is just the limit for travelling. So much kinder on your back than a heavy backpack! Although, I did take a little backpack of my essentials – like camera, ipod, headphones and ipad.


The taxi dropped us off at the terminal and we were stood looking at the board for about 10 minutes before realising its not this terminal. Weirdly, I knew the route better than my family because I once spent the whole day there with my friends running around from terminal to terminal looking for 5 seconds of summer!


Anyway, we eventually managed to get to the correct terminal and through security, and had a little chill in neros before boarding the plane. Me, my brother (Andrew) and his girlfriend (Christie) were sat on a row and my parents were further forward. I started off the flight watching ‘Into the storm’, but it was a little bit too scary watching tornadoes in America… when I was going to America! so I didn’t finish that, and watched ‘If stay’ instead.  We then had a few games of cards and I planned some blogposts.


After a nine hour long flight, we arrived in Orlando and headed to passport control.
We then had to get a train to the other part of the airport for our bags, and at the station they had light bulbs around the entrance (like celebrities have on their dressing table) and it looked so gorgeous. 


The villa was really nice and there were plenty of rooms. I even had a walk in wardrobe and en suite which was quite cool. It was a bit late so after unpacking, we nipped to the shop for essentials and got a take away for tea before heading off to our rather squeaky but comfy beds (no innuendo intended).


Thankyou for reading and I hope you enjoyed hearing about my first day of Florida. I apologise if it was a little boring as it was only our travelling day!

Day 2 is also up now so if you want to read that, click here!


R.C. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment